Open enrollment is only for families that wish to move their student to a school that is different from their assigned neighborhood school. SVA highly recommends families attend a school tour before applying for open enrollment.
- November 1 - December 1: First round open enrollment is not first-come, first-served. Students will be randomly assigned a number based on their Enrollment priority per the following criteria:
- Siblings of currently enrolled SkyView students in Kindergarten -12th grade (Click here for sibling information)
- Students who are currently attending SkyView Preschool
- Children of full-time staff who are currently employed by SkyView
- Children of Founding Families
- Siblings and children of SVA Alumni (earned high school diploma)
- All other students (in-district and out of district) who have completed Open Enrollment through DCSD EngagED Parent Portal
- December 10 : Email offers are sent and parents can check their student's status in EngagED.
- December 17 @ 4pm: Deadline to accept offer.
Students who did not receive an offer during the first round will remain on the waitlist for the second round of open enrollment. Parents must complete a registration packet by an appointed deadline to keep their student's seat.
- January TBD: Enrollment offers ongoing as space becomes available.
- January 24 @ 8am: Second round open enrollment is “first-come, first-served.” Students will be placed on the waitlist behind those from the first round.
- May 1: Siblings of newly enrolled students who remain on the waitlist will be placed at the top of the waitlist. This is to ensure we are able to keep our families together.
SkyView Academy Charter School Board of Directors approved Enrollment Policy.