SkyView Academy presents:
Elementary School Performing Arts Club
SkyView partners with KidStage as an after school club to offer elementary school students an opportunity to participate in the performing arts. the curriculum includes concentration, teamwork, improvisation, movement, voice and basic theater terminology. At the end of the class, KidStage students will perform for peers and parents. Visit our ES Clubs page for additional information.
Middle School Performing Arts
SkyView Academy Middle School offers a Drama class elective option in each grade level and opportunities to audition for main stage performances each year.
6th grade curriculum may include:
- Greek Theater performance and mask making
- Medieval Theater character sketches
- Italian Commedia Dell’Arte Improv skits
- Shakespeare performance
7th grade curriculum may include:
- Japanese Kabuki Theater makeup and costume design
- Scene and Monologue performances
- American Melodrama performances
- Stagecraft – Model flat building, Scenic painting, Costume, Set and Poster design.
8th grade curriculum may include:
- Children’s Literature Readers Theater
- Scenes, Monologues and One Act performances
- Technical Theater – Costume, Set, Prop and Poster design.
- Golden Age of Radio – Foley artistry and Radio Play performance
8th grade Advanced
- 8th grade students who meet certain criteria may enroll in 8th grade Advanced Drama. The Advanced class is a high level, performance based class for experienced students who are interested in being actively involved in the SVA Theater Department and its productions, participating in competitive acting events in the community and perhaps exploring a career in the performing arts.
SVA Middle School Theater Department
- Theater department productions are an extra curricular activity separate from the Drama class elective.
- SVA Theater department produces one play and one musical each school year that Middle School students may audition for.
- SkyView has a thriving fine arts department and a talented student population, as a result, SVA Theater production auditions are very competitive and not all students who audition will be offered a role in every show.
High School Performing Arts
SkyView offers several levels of theater and the opportunity for a variety of performance experiences. Students in the theater program participate in scene work, monologues, improvisation, play and character analysis, directing, theatre history, musical theatre, advanced acting techniques, and beginning play writing. There are two performances each year, at the end of each semester.
2020-2021 Troupe 8083 SVA Thespian Officers
Mission statement- As Troupe 8083 we emphasize the promotion and participation of the arts, service the community within our troupe, and strive for involvement.