Due to cold temperatures and possible snow, we will hold an inclement weather dismissal. The reason for implementing more inclement weather dismissal days this year stems from the need to change our traffic pattern last year per Douglas County transportation. We must keep Business Center Drive clear and therefore we have to use our parking lot for our queues and cannot accommodate our previous walker area. Unfortunately, we have not been able to use Hawks Out along with the queues as this increases pick-up time by 15 mins. This is why we transitioned back to our All-Call system and are now using more Inclement Weather Dismissal days when we don't feel that it is appropriate for students to stand outside for long periods of time.
Please read below for instructions:
- HS students will be dismissed starting at 3:10 pm through the north entrance. They can stay in the atrium and hallways until they see their ride.
- HS drivers will be dismissed at 3:05 pm to their vehicles.
- MS students will be dismissed starting at 3:10 pm through the north entrance. They can stay in the atrium and hallways until they see their ride.
- PS will have a normal dismissal at 3:35 pm.
- ES will dismiss at 3:30 pm and will have an inclement weather dismissal process. Parents will be allowed to come into the building starting at 3:25 pm.
- PS/ES parents - We will not be dismissing any students after 3:00 pm unless you have already requested an early dismissal for your student.
- We will be dismissing our elementary students from their classrooms. You must park and walk in through the main entrance. You will line up in the MS hallway. At 3:30 pm, proceed to your student(s) homeroom classroom(s) to pick up. Once you have picked up your students, please exit out the main entrance ONLY.
- Middle and high school students who have elementary siblings and whose rides are already in the MS/HS pick up line can get in the inclement weather dismissal line starting at 3:20 pm. They can pick up their siblings in the ES classrooms starting at 3:30 and make their way to the north entrance. They will stay in the north atrium and hallways until they see their ride.
- All other after school activities including BASE and Athletics are currently continuing.
Please drive safely,