Dear SVA Community,
Starting on Monday 4/5, SkyView Academy will begin celebrating our 3rd Wish Week. We are excited to honor this year’s Wish Kid, Kian from Greenwood Village. Throughout this week-long event, we partner with Make-A-Wish Colorado and their “Kids For Wish Kids” program to feature a child with critical illnesses. We are so excited to see our community come together as we work to raise $5,000 and grant wishes for kids like Kian. Kian is currently waiting for his wish to be granted! This is a special opportunity for us to demonstrate honorable leadership through service. Though this Wish Week will look different than in past years, there are several opportunities for K-12 students and families to get involved and make this week special. Many of these will be virtual this year with our own digital fundraising page to contribute to this great cause!
- Wish Week T-shirts – on sale for $10 starting 4/5 before and after school in the front foyer and during MS/HS lunches.
- Wish Kits for $5 including a bracelet, Wish Star, sticker, temporary tattoo, and dress of choice pass – before and after school and during MS/HS lunches.
- Penny Wars – bring your loose change to fill 5 gallon jugs. Each penny is worth positive points, while nickels, dimes and quarters are negative points. So fill up the other grade levels jugs and it will count against their total. All week long!
- Parry’s Pizza Fundraiser – all day on Monday 4/5! Be sure to mention SkyView!
- Costa Vida Fundraiser – from 4 pm to close on Thursday 4/8! Be sure to mention SkyView!
- Wish Week Fundraising website for online donations.
- Spirit Days for ES, MS, and HS – these are all to honor the interests of Kian!
- Monday – Sports/Athlete/Football
- Tuesday – Nature day
- Wednesday – Comic book day
- Thursday – Battleship
- Friday – Wish Week shirt day/Green Out
Last year, SkyView fundraised $13,164 for Make-A-Wish Colorado to grant wishes for local Colorado kids! It was a great week here at SVA for our community to serve others and celebrate together. We are so excited to continue this tradition this year and to work together to make a difference in the lives of others!
The SVA Leadership Team