Our SVA school goal is to raise $40,000 and we need our entire extended community to help us reach our goal!
An anonymous and generous donor is going to add a booster donation to the school to increase our donations by $10,000 if we can raise $10,000 in the first 10 days of this fundraiser! Let’s meet and beat this early goal!
First 10 days: Wednesday, August 28 – Friday, September 6 at 11:59PM
If we can receive a $100 donation per student we will easily surpass our goal. Utilize the “Giving Link” to send to grandparents, cousins and family friends! Via the website, we also have given sponsors the ability to donate via an Amazon Alexa-enabled device (Echo, Dot, Alexa enabled TVs, Sonos).
Website Donation Instructions:
- Go to: https://events.skyviewacademy.org
- Click the “DONATE NOW” button
- Fill in your student’s legal first name, last name, grade and donation amount
- Fill in your email and phone number for your tax-deductible receipt
- Lastly, fill in your payment info
- After your payment succeeds, you will receive a “Giving Link” via text (if you provide your phone number) which you can forward to extended family, making it easier for others to give – this link has your students’ name and grade already filled out. You will receive the “Giving Link” via email if you only provide your email address.
Amazon Alexa Donation Instructions:
- Note: To donate via Alexa, “Voice Purchasing” must be activated (this is done within the Alexa app – Settings/Voice Purchasing or on the Alexa website). If activating for the first time, a 4 digit code is recommended.
- Enable the SkyView Academy skill by logging in at https://amazon.com/alexa
- Click “Skills”, then search for “SkyView Academy” and click “Enable” and agree to the permissions request (one is for your receipt, the other is for payment processing)
- Tell Alexa, “Alexa, open SkyView Academy.” Follow the directions that Alexa provides which include giving the student’s first and last legal name and the amount.
- You’ll know you’ve completed this successfully if you receive an email receipt.
Prizes for individual student donation levels:
$1,000: Whipped Cream Pie-the-Principal (Playground, post event Field Day)
$500: Water Balloon Battle Dr. Chastain & Mrs. Worley (Lunch time on Field Day)
$250: SVA t-shirt from Hawk Shop
$100: Homework pass (teacher approved)
$50: Dress of choice pass (DOC day will be Wednesday, Sept 18)
$25: SVA bracelet
$5: Raffle ticket for prize box and name announced over intercom
$60+ class average: Ice Cream Party (No nuts, with dairy free alternate)
Top 3 classes in all Elem: Epic Silly String Party
See Mrs. Worley’s Thursday Wire, 8/22/19 for details on where your donations will be directed
9/19/2019: SVA Field Day Event
- SVA’s incredible Elementary PE teacher, Mrs. Emily Bishop, has created the most epic Field Day Fun imaginable! Students will have a ball competing and playing through over 20 events…from potato sack races to shoe pile relays to the 100 meter dash…and parents, you are invited to cheer on your student! Mark your calendar for 9/19 for lots of great photo ops and volunteer to help reward the winning Fundraising classes with Silly String & Ice Cream Parties!
- 1st-5th grade students will participate on the upper turf field; 8:45am-2pm with winning classroom’s reward parties at 2:15pm.
- PreK and K students will participate on the lower (smaller) turf field; 9am-11:15am with winning classroom’s reward parties at 11:30am.