SkyView Academy is a Preschool through 12th grade public charter school located in Highlands Ranch, a southern suburb of Denver, CO. We are the only school in the Douglas County School District providing an outstanding education under one roof, beginning with our youngest learners in preschool at age 3 through high school graduation.
“SkyView Academy was an obvious choice for our family. We fell in love with the school, its mission and the K-8 principal, Janet Worley. When you come across something special and unique, it’s rare, which is exactly what SkyView and its staff is, rare in the best way! We were looking for a great education in a safe environment with an opportunity to learn at our children’s individualized levels of challenge while feeling support from influential, impactful teachers and staff. SkyView has been that and so much more, definitely one of the best choices we have made for our boys! They are thriving in academics, sports, social relationships and they love school again!” – SkyView parent, Amber Wiers
- Now Enrolling 2021-22: Second round is January 22nd @ 8:00 am – August 2nd @ 4:00 pm. Click here to begin: Open Enrollment 2021-22
- Waitlist information can be obtained by emailing email@example.com . Please include your child’s full name and 21-22 grade level.
- Preschool is still enrolling for 2020 – 21.
- K – 8th grade is closed for 2020 – 21 enrollment. Please consider open enrollment for 2021 – 22.
- In-person school tours have been canceled for the remainder of 2020 -21. Please complete the Registration form to receive a link for our monthly live Q&A sessions.
- Looking for 2022-23 Enrollment?? First round begins November 1, 2021. Sign up for Open Enrollment 2022-23 Email Reminders
Enrollment Process 2021-2022
SkyView participates in the Douglas County School District (DCSD) open enrollment process. If you filled out an Intent to Enroll form through the SkyView website prior to October 2016, that list is no longer in use. Families MUST complete the open enrollment process through the DCSD tool each year if a spot does not become available.
Important Enrollment Dates (*subject to change)
November 2, 8:00 am – December 1, 4:00 pm: First Round of Open Enrollment for School Year 2021-22
December 11, 8:00 am – December 18, 4:00 pm: Parents log in to EngagED Parent Portal to see if student has received offers or wait listed. Enrollment offers sent via email based on space availability
December 18, 4:00 pm: Deadline to accept enrollment offer through EngagED Parent Portal
December 14 -17 & January 5 – 12, 2021: Registration packet drop off to school
January 7, 2021: Email offers ongoing from first round wait list as space is available
January 11, 2021 at 4:00 PM: Deadline for first round registration packets
January 22, 8:00 am – August 2nd, 2021 at 4:00 pm: Second round of open enrollment, first-come, first-served. Parents will have a minimum of 48 hours to respond to email enrollment offer.
How Open Enrollment Works
For parents who wish to keep their student in their current school, or new families who wish for their students to attend their assigned neighborhood school: No action is needed. Open enrollment is only for families that wish to move their student to a school that is different than their assigned neighborhood school. DCSD parents will use their parent portal log in information to access their student information through open enrollment. First-time to DCSD parents will create an account to log in. IF you have set up an account before, but have forgotten your password, please contact DCSD IT department (303-387-0001) for instructions to reset your password. Creating another account will duplicate your information in our system.
First round open enrollment is not first-come, first-served; Enrollment priority is given during this round; you have until December TBD @ 4 pm to complete this process. A confirmation email will be sent to you after your request has been submitted (if you select the button to request the email). You will receive an email from DCSD and/or SkyView after December TBD. You can also log back into the Open Enrollment Tool (EngagED Parent Portal) on or after December TBD to check your status. You have until December TBD at 4:00 pm to accept our open enrollment offer through the Open Enrollment Tool (EngagED Parent Portal). You MUST accept through the Open Enrollment tool.
If your application is not accepted by SkyView, or you didn’t log in and accept your offer, you will automatically be placed on the second round open enrollment list. Second round open enrollment is “first-come, first-served.” Students will be placed on the waitlist behind those that are currently on the wait list from first round. During second round open enrollment schools will reach out to you as space becomes available.
- Siblings of currently enrolled SkyView students in Kindergarten -12th grade (Click here for sibling information)
- Students who are currently attending SkyView Preschool
- Children of full-time staff who are currently employed by SkyView
- Children of Founding Families
- Siblings and children of SVA Alumni (earned high school diploma)
- All other students (in-district and out of district) who have completed Open Enrollment through DCSD
SkyView Academy Charter School Board of Directors approved Enrollment Policy.