Welcome to SkyView Academy High School! I am honored to serve as our high school principal and truly enjoy guiding and mentoring our oldest students as we prepare them for college and life beyond SkyView. I love talking with our students, encouraging them to be their best and do their best while living our vision of being life-long learners and honorable leaders.
Highlights of our program include:
- Classical, college prep program aligned with college preparation standards
- Emphasis on critical thinking and analysis, depth of knowledge and the development of value-centered human beings
- Balance between providing engaging content-expert teachers and empowering students to drive their learning
- Variety of electives
- Engaging content-expert teachers who support and empower our students to drive their learning
- Assemblies and character building
- Service learning
- Leadership opportunities and class spirit, homecoming and various dances
- Competitive 3A Metro League athletic program
- Competitive science, band and drama programs
Our goal in high school is to see 100% of our graduates prepared for college, and as such we work to provide an engaging, safe environment which prepares graduates for success through use of a classical, liberal arts curriculum that emphasizes core subject areas (math, science, literature, and history) as well as foreign language and fine arts. Students experience a culture of high expectations and social and academic support, with an emphasis on the importance of strong character and meaningful service to society.
Upon graduation, high school students will be able to communicate clearly in a variety of forms, think critically and solve problems creatively, apply their skills and knowledge to form opinions based on facts, take positions, and share perspectives, value and promote citizenship and global awareness, and begin the journey to higher education with a solid foundation to explore the career path of their choice.
I look forward to meeting you!
High School Principal