SkyView Academy is a PK-12 public charter school located in Highlands Ranch, CO. We are the only school in Douglas County providing an outstanding education under one roof beginning with our youngest learners in preschool at age 3 through high school graduation.
Enrollment for the 2017-18 school year is now closed. Families new to Colorado will be considered if space is available. Please email email@example.com.
Sign up for email reminders for open enrollment dates and deadlines!
Enrollment Process 2018 – 2019
SkyView will again participate in the Douglas County School District (DCSD) open enrollment process. If you filled out an Intent to Enroll form through the SkyView website prior to October 2016, that list is no longer in use. Families MUST complete the open enrollment process through the DCSD tool each year if a spot does not become available.
Open Enrollment for School Year 2018-2019 – please check back on November 1st for the link
Important Enrollment Dates
November 1 – December 1: First Round of Open Enrollment for School Year 2018 – 2019
December 9 – 10: Enrollment offers sent via email based on space availability
December 15: Deadline to accept enrollment offer
December 19 – 20: Registration packet drop off and deadline
January 22 – August 1, 2018: Second round of open enrollment
August – October 2018: Enrollment ongoing for the 2018-19 school year
July 2018: Express Check-in Registration for all SkyView students
How Open Enrollment Works
For parents who wish to keep their student in their current school, or new families who wish for their students to attend their assigned neighborhood school: No action is needed. Open enrollment is only for families that wish to move their student to a school that is different than their assigned neighborhood school.
- DCSD parents will use their parent portal log in information to access their student information through open enrollment.
- First-time to DCSD parents will create an account to log in. IF you have set up an account before, but have forgotten your password, please contact DCSD IT department (303-387-0001) for instructions to reset your password. Creating another account will duplicate your information in our system.
- First round open enrollment is not first-come, first-served; Enrollment priority is given during this round; you have until December 1st to complete this process.
- A confirmation email will be sent to you after your request has been submitted.
- You can change your choices at any time until December 1st.
- Schools have until December 8th to offer you an open enrollment slot, based on space availability. You will receive an email from DCSD and/or the school. You can also log back into the Open Enrollment Tool on or after December 9th to check your status.
- You have until December 15th to accept an open enrollment offer from a school through the Open Enrollment Tool.
- If your application is not accepted by any school, or you didn’t log in and accept your offer, you will automatically be placed on the second round open enrollment list.
- Second round open enrollment is “first-come, first-served.” Students will be placed on the waitlist behind those that are currently on the wait list from first round.
- During second round open enrollment schools will reach out to you as space becomes available.
- Siblings of currently enrolled SkyView students in K-12.
- Students who are currently attending SkyView Preschool.
- Children of full-time staff who are currently employed by SkyView.
- Children of Founding Families
- All other students (in-district and out of district) who have completed Open Enrollment through DCSD.
SkyView Board of Directors approved Enrollment Policy.