SkyView Academy is a PK-12 free public charter school located in Highlands Ranch, CO. We are the only school in Douglas County providing an outstanding education under one roof beginning with our youngest learners in preschool at age 3 through high school graduation.
Now Accepting New Enrollments for 2017-18
Second Round of Open Enrollment is open NOW through June 15th. If you would like to add your student to our waitlist, please select the Open Enrollment link below. Second Round is first-come, first-served.
SkyView has changed the process regarding enrollment to be more aligned to the Douglas County School District (DCSD) enrollment process. If you have previously filled out an Intent to Enroll form through the SkyView website, that list is no longer in use. Families MUST complete the open enrollment process through the DCSD tool each year if a spot does not become available.
Important Enrollment Dates
February 15, 2017 – June 15, 2017: Second Round of Open Enrollment
June 2017 – October 2017: Enrollment ongoing for the 2017-18 school year
November 2017 – January 2018: First Round of Open Enrollment for School Year 2018 – 2019
How Open Enrollment Works
For parents who wish to keep their student in their current school, or new families who wish for their students to attend their assigned neighborhood school: No action is needed. Open enrollment is only for families that wish to move their student to a school that is different than their assigned neighborhood school.
- First round open enrollment is not first-come, first-served; Enrollment priority is given during this round; you have until January 5 to complete this process.
- You can change your choices at any time until January 5.
- Schools have until January 12 to offer you an open enrollment slot, based on space availability. You will receive an email from DCSD and/or the school. You can also log back into the Open Enrollment Tool after January 12 to check your status.
- You have until January 19 to accept an open enrollment offer from a school through the Open Enrollment Tool.
- If your application is not accepted by any school, or you didn’t log in and accept your offer, you will automatically be placed on the second round open enrollment list, which runs from February 15 to June 15.
- Second round open enrollment is “first-come, first-served.” Students will be placed on the waitlist behind those that are currently on the wait list from first round.
- During second round open enrollment schools will reach out to you as space becomes available.
- Siblings of currently enrolled SkyView students in K-12.
- Students who are currently attending SkyView Preschool.
- Children of full-time staff who are currently employed by SkyView.
- Children of Founding Families
- All other students (in-district and out of district) who have completed Open Enrollment through DCSD.
SkyView Board of Directors approved Enrollment Policy.
Stay Connected to SVA
Like us on Facebook!